Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Happiness-an inside job

What is happiness?  For me, it is feeling acceptance and love.  It is having a community, connection to "your people".  Feeling respected and understood.  An understanding of your purpose for being here on planet earth.  Knowing that you are making a difference in the world by your presence, your actions, your words or deeds.

It is having places to go that feed your soul.  For me, these places exist both in nature as well as the local library and my favourite coffee shop.  Listening to music, at home or at a live event.  Dancing.  Ceremony. Ritual.  Singing.  Prayer.  Meditation.

Finding things to be grateful for.  Appreciating the little things, like a sunny day, a rainy day, the bloom of a flower, the song of a bird.  Watching a man balance rocks in the harbour.  Hearing music played outside. The love of my husband.  The health of my children.  The guidance of my angels.  The lessons learned from life's challenges.  Engaging my creativity.  Writing.  Helping a friend.  Praying for healing of mother earth and her inhabitants.

No comments:

Post a Comment